Sunday, May 6, 2007

Chapter 2: RSS

http://www.google.com/reader/shared/11284435116605305686 That my friends is the link to my rss, it took me some time to figure it out because i never used it before, i was confused on how to get the link to be shared and how to add links and etc etc, but in the end i got it working and so here we are. There are more than one way to add an item, the first one would be to click on the sharing icon, the item will be added to your public page. Or you can assign tags to individual items, to do so you have to click on the 'add tag' link and enter a descriptive tag name. You can then go to the settings page and make the tag public. The third way is to add a clip and to do so you have to copy-pasting the provided HTML code into your site template. To obtain the HTML code, go to the "tags" tab in the settings page. You will also be able to customize the appearance of your clip to match your site. I wouldn't use this in everyday life because i usually have my own sites that i like to visit for fun, news, sports etc etc, and i'd rather talk to my friends about it either in person or online, rather than sending them a link for them to read it. So for my RSS is probably not the way to go, at least for now. Riceman

No comments: